Friday, December 31, 2010

Top Ten of 2010

Oh, 2010... I have mixed feelings about you. It's not that I didn't like you, I mean, look at all the wonderful things you had to offer (below)... I'm just SO excited about what 2011 has in store!

Here is my Top Ten of 2010 (in no particular order):

Elsie's Indie Biz Class

The Indie Biz class hosted by Elsie, LA, and Jill really encouraged me to pursue my dream of being and independent business owner in a creative field! I learned so much!

Started Red Dirt Revival

Red Dirt Revival officially launched a blog and shop on June 13, 2010 in honor of my mother's birthday.  I previously blogged at The Vintage Chair- a blog I started in 2008 while my husband was deployed. I knew that making the switch to a new blog URL and an entirely new venture would cause me to lose some readers, but it's been more fun and fulfilling than I ever could've imagined! I've made so many fantastic friends along the way, learned a ton about myself, but it's also been a lot more work than I ever thought possible- but I enjoy it so much, that it feels more like playing.  I see great things to come for this little labor of love and I hope you'll be along for the ride!

Celebrated 24 years

In March of this year I celebrated my 24th birthday with a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday" by this little guy!

Celebrated 3 years

of Marriage to my wonderful husband who always makes me laugh. He's my best friend...

Started new job in the corporate world
In January I began a great job. It's truly been a blessing to work with people I care for! Plus, I get to wear dresses and heels a lot :)


Began working towards becoming a photographer
I haven't been completely transparent about this yet, but within the past few years I've found myself drawn more and more to photography. This year, I invested in a DSLR camera and made the decision to begin working towards becoming a photographer!  It's been so fun to learn all the tricks of the trade. I obviously have a long ways to go, but I'm thrilled to finally be on the path to a happy entrepreneurial future!


Went to Tennessee for a little vacation
Gatlinburg was a breathtaking experience. The colors and quiet serentiy of the mountains were exactly what we needed to recharge- some time with our beloved nephews didn't hurt either!


Ryan got a great job!
Ryan has been working towards getting his degree in construction management for a couple of years now, and this year he got a really fantastic job doing home renovations here in Oklahoma City! They do outstanding work and Ryan really loves it and takes pride in it. If you need anything done to your house, he's your guy! {shameless plug}

Baby Shep was born
We had quite a scare earlier this month when my sister in-law, Allie, went in for an ultrasound and was told that Baby Shepherd wasn't getting enough nutrients to survive in the womb. Even though she was still about two months out from her due date, a C-section was performed two days after that ultrasound and Baby Shepherd was born! He's still trucking right along, making progress, and trying to put on some weight so that he can go home with Mommy and Daddy. He's an absolute joy!


First photo shoot ever/ Christmas in Indiana!
I was so blessed to be a part of Laura's pre-wedding prep shoot! Here's to many more to come in 2011!

I also loved spending the holidays with my in-laws in Indiana. It was the best way I can think of the end 2010!



Thanks so much for being a part of my little world in 2010! I can't wait to see what 2011 brings for all of us! Have a fantastic New Year's Holiday! I'll see you back here on Monday for some Resolution goodness!
xo,
Chels

2 comments:

Annie said...

Happy New Year!

Laura Beth said...

Hi there! I'm a new follower. Found you via Sarah Hill. :) Happy New Year! I look forward to following you're cute blog.