Thursday, December 23, 2010

A True Christmas Miracle!

I'm breaking my internet "fast" to announce to birth of my nephew! My brother, Erron, and his amazing wife, Allie are filled with joy!  He was born quite early, but he is breathing on his own and doing well so far. Please keep him in your prayers!

Shepherd James
Born December 22, 2010 at 6:04 p.m., 3.5 lbs, 15.5"

"Then I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will lead you with knowledge and understanding." Jeremiah 3:15

Little Shep,
Oh my darling nephew... I have so anticipated your arrival! Of course, I thought I had more time to stock pile presents for you, but in true Weig fashion, you could not wait to make your mark on this world. You are one of a kind, little boy.  God has made you the way that you are for a very specific purpose, and as your aunt, I cannot wait to be a part of your life as you grow into that purpose and find the path which God has laid before you.  It makes my heart swell to hear your Daddy talk about you as though you were a precious treasure, hidden from the world, and now discovered.  And you are exactly that- precious to all of us.  Right now, you are so small, but I have faith that soon enough your body will grow strong.  You are, after all, your father's child.  Some day we will recall this time with fondness and gratefulness to God.  We will watch you grow and surpass each and every milestone with flying colors. We will observe your many "firsts"- first steps, first day of school, first kiss, first love, and so on.  We will also see you fall, and help you to rise again and again until you can stand on your own because that's what family is for.  You will grow before us in the blink of an eye- But not too fast, sweet boy. Take your time.  For now, you must simply be the perfectly formed, sweet baby boy that you are. 

I promise to be the best aunt I can possibly be. I will show you all the tricks to getting what you want (I am, after all, an expert in this art), but most of all I promise to stand behind you, encourage you, and love you. You have me wrapped around your finger already, little Shepherd Boy. I love you forever and always.
xo,
Aunt Chels
(p.s. tell your Mommy and Daddy it's not too late to change your name to "Chelsea". I think it's a good strong name for a young man...)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, Chelsea! Crying like a little baby over here!!! Such a sweet letter to such a sweet baby boy! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow. Or, you can come see me at work right NOW!

Anonymous said...

Same birthday as me! PLEASE...NO MATTER WHAT....NEVER GIVE THEM A PRESENT WRAPPED IN CHRISTMAS PAPER. Don't ever forget this and for heaven's sake if you ever forget his birthday just say so. Don't try to pass off one of their Christmas gifts (or whichever holiday you clebrate) as a birthday gift. We know the difference.
Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.