Monday, December 2, 2013

Vesper's Menagerie Birthday Party!

Vesper turned TWO years old this weekend and we hosted a little get-together with our family and some close friends. The theme was "Menagerie" and the colors were white with dashes of pink and some black-and-white stripes. It was SO much fun!

Vesper wore a Ringmaster's costume that I made from some scrap felt. She had gold lapels and loops and little tails on the back. Her top hat headband was leftover from her birthday party last year
 
I used my handy kraft paper and some white acrylic paint to free-hand some friendly animals and then used leftover felt and foam scraps to create party hats and accessories for them!


 
Instead of opting for a traditional cake, we went with Vesper's favorite pink sprinkle donuts! For her topper I used some dollar store animals and painted them white. It was a hit with all the kiddos!

 
When I brought out her cake and the guests began to sing, Vesper's face lit up. I've never seen her look happier than she was at that moment. She just scanned the room with a big smile on her face. I will never forget it and I am so grateful to our friends and family for giving my girl that special moment on her special day!


 
And then she dug in, of course!

 
After Gramma and Papa brought out her new kitchen play set, chaos broke out as all the kids started to play. It was so much fun to watch them!


 
Sunday was her actual birthday and so she got to go to church dressed as her favorite: a ballerina/ fox. I will cherish these photos of her forever...

 
I mean, look at that sweet face... what a blessing...
 
 Happy birthday, Birdy!
xo,
Momma

1 comment:

Increase Twitter Followers said...

She looks adorable. She is so lovely. God bless you sweetheart.